- A character with down syndrome who has no cognitive impairments, because not all people with down syndrome do but you wouldn’t know from the media
- A character who does have cognitive impairments and is shown to be in a loving relationship because cognitive impairments do not stop a person from having sexual and romantic desires
- A character with autism who is not portrayed as a victim or as a burden on their family, because autistic =/= broken
- A character who suffers from some form of psychotic illness such as schizophrenia that is portrayed in a way that is actually realistic and is in no way a serial killer or violent criminal because most mentally ill people are never violent.
- A character with bipolar disorder who is not cured by the power of love, but instead managed long term by a combination of medication, therapy, and their own hard work and determination
- A character with ANY mental illness that is not cured by the power of love
- Seriously, love is not a cure
- Depression and anxiety not being portrayed as cute/special/quirky
- A character with OCD who is not obsessive about cleanliness
- A character with tourettes who has never called out obscene things in public
- A character with a physical disability who is portrayed as a normal person, with normal needs and not some asexual angelic inspiration
- An asexual character who is not portrayed as shy, introverted and emotionless
And last but not least:
- Make these characters a diverse range of genders, sexualities, and of all races and ethnicity.
I made an old lady blush today at work because she ordered two senior coffees and I said “SENIOR ? I’m sorry miss, i’m going to have to ask to see some ID.” and she covered her mouth and went “Oh dear me” and couldn’t stop smiling
From Sophie de Oliveira Brata’s Alternative Limb Project
Oh my gosh so beautiful.
Got my Mens Rights Activist costume ready for Halloween !
this is the greatest thing
I hate it when people act like anger invalidates a cause, because when it comes down to it the privileged are the only ones who can afford to remain calm.
When the privileged are angry they’re; passionate, invested, patriotic, of spirit and righteous.
When the oppressed are angry they’re; savage, incapable of rationality, primitive, beastial, juvenile and violent.
Tone policing ain’t nothing but shifting goal posts towards dehumanization.
The face your kitten makes after you rescue him from an alley downtown.
I’m gonna cry now
cuz his face
it’s like ‘thank you i was so scared’
; ^ ;
he has CAT TEARS.
pengar pengar pengar pengar pengar hur ska vi klara oss på våra borgarlöner nu pengar pengar pengar pengar pengar Jävla socialister ska ta våra pengar och förvandla dem till bidrag pengarpengarpengarpengarPENGAR hjälp omvärlden tycker vi Svenskar är dumma i huvudet pengarpengar alla lata sossar förstör vår välfärd pengarpengarpengarpengarpengar…..
INGEN ser hur politik påverkar dem mer än ekonomiskt. De skiter i skola, sjukvård, äldrevård, integration, segregation, miljö osv.
society: dare to be different!
society: whoa not THAT different you freak